CARE: Jubilee skirt
Caring for your sequinned Jubilee skirt
WashingHand Wash: Due to the delicate nature of sequins and the stretchy fabric, it's recommended to hand wash the skirt for the best results.
- Fill a Basin: Fill a basin with cold water and add a small amount of mild detergent designed for delicate fabrics.
- Gently Submerge: Carefully submerge the skirt in the soapy water and gently agitate the water by swishing it around. Avoid excessive rubbing or wringing.
- Spot Clean Sequins: Pay special attention to any stained or soiled sequins. You can use a soft brush or cloth to gently spot clean them.
- Rinse Thoroughly: Rinse the skirt with cold water until all detergent is removed.
- Do Not Wring: Avoid wringing out the skirt, as it can damage the sequins. Instead, gently press out excess water by placing it between clean, dry towels.
- Lay Flat: Lay the skirt flat on a clean, dry towel to air dry. Ensure it is in its natural shape and that the sequins are lying flat.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: Do not expose the skirt to direct sunlight for prolonged periods, as it can cause sequin discolouration.
- Inside Out: If you need to iron the skirt, turn it inside out to protect the sequins.
- Use a Cloth: Place a clean cloth or pressing cloth between the iron and the inside-out fabric, using low heat. Avoid ironing directly on the sequins.
Handle with Care: Be gentle when wearing the skirt to avoid catching or pulling the sequins on sharp objects.
Store Separately: To prevent snags and damage, store the skirt separately from other clothing items.
Avoid Perfume and Lotions: Try to apply perfume, lotions, and cosmetics before putting on the skirt to prevent sequin damage or discoloration.
Taking these care instructions into account will help you preserve the sparkle and shine of your fully sequinned Jubilee skirt made from stretchy 100% polyester with a velvet fabric base. Always refer to the care label for specific guidance.